Saturday, January 14, 2012

It's like an ice box in here

I'm finding it difficult to adjust to how Italians live in the sense of heat. It is the Italy law that you are only allowed to have your heat on for 10 hours a day. Therefore, our heat is on 6a.m.-9a.m., 11 a.m.-2 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. Every time it is off it is absolutely freezing in this apartment.

I am naturally a freeze baby. I shiver in the 30-40 degree weather, and when there is no heat on I freeze under my blankets.

Yesterday I saw that it was 17 degrees at home and a snowy blizzard. It made me so happy when it was in the fifties and sunny here. The fact I get to miss winter this year is a really odd thought, but hey I'm not complaining.

Today I also found myself waking up at 3:30 p.m. I think it's safe to say I've been in a dire need for sleep. So other than sleeping today, I'm just lounging around the apartment.

I went out to shop with the roommates for a little, but I think because I got too much sleep I'm just drowsy. So now I'm making pasta and laying on that couch for the rest of the night, and tomorrow I start my first day of classes. Buono notte!


No comments:

Post a Comment