Saturday, January 21, 2012

The leaning tower of where?


This morning when my alarm went off at 8:30 A.M. I immediately regretted staying up until 2:30 reading. The only thing that got me out of bed was the fact that I knew one of my roommates would beat me to it and then I would have to rush to get ready.

Today I went to Pisa. To see what? I'm sure you can figure it out. The leaning tower of Pisa! My roommates and I met some of the group at the Duomo and ventured to
the train station. The trains to Pisa run about every half hour so we weren't in any rush.

Once we got there we purchased our tickets for only 5.90 euro each way. Not bad at all. Once we got on the train we enjoyed a wonderful ride through the Tuscany countryside.


I was told by a few people that there is nothing to do in Pisa. It's just the leaning tower and that's all. Once we got out of the train station I found that hard to believe because the city was gorgeous.



It took about 20 minutes to talk there, but it was well worth it. I got my traditional picture of holding up the tower!

I was pleasantly surprised at how pretty everything was. Italy is just beautiful all around, and I cannot wait to see more of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment